Monday, September 29, 2008

Day 29 - What a morning


Day 29 - woke up in grumpiness. I was trying to stay in bed as long as i could to avoid washing my hair in cold shower. Wasn't quite the way I wanted as I was woken up by the baby grand daughter of the guesthouse owner at around 630a.m. Still trying to hide in my bed denying the reality. The noise could only go louder and louder... No other choice, i had to start my day with the cold shower (with a man yelling super loud next to our toilet). 2 very important things in my day I can't be messed up with. 1) my sleep and 2) my breakfast. Sometimes I have bad hair day... and today was my double messed up day.

I was trying my very best to hide my frustration. Guess I didn't put enough effort and all my friends could tell i was in a "dun mess with me" mood. Thought a nice breakfast would change everything. I couldn't expect much from fried eggs and baguette, so i ordered chicken sandwich. Before my sandwich came, i went washroom. Guess what, no water to wash hands or toilet paper. I have forgotten how many times I went toilet without toilet paper or clean water in Lao. But today it seemed like end of the world to me.

Sandwich came. "what is that?" we went to an indian restaurant and met that very friendly indian staff. The food, reminds me 7-11 sandwich. It was unfortunately awful to eat. I nearly cried. Why today? The fact that these couple of days would be my last few days in Lao magnified 100 times of my frustration. It was all good and enjoyable after all, yet, not today.

Me and Ben decided to cycle to Don Khon hoping some outdoor sport and the big waterfall would cheer up my day. em... would see.

No comments: