Monday, July 28, 2008

stuck in bangkok


Arrived bkk saturday afternoon. flight got delayed for 45mins, but was afterall good flight. Finding a mainland chinese lady can't speak any english going to southern thailand, doesn't know what is what, seating next to me was kind of comforting. someone more lost than i do n me being useful to help her out.

Parents coinccindently in bangkok saved my life. I couldn't get a train ticket from bkk to chiangmai the same day nor the next day until today (monday). kind of lucky because this is the last sleeping seat on this train. it is gonna be a 14 hours train, leaving bangkok on 1030 and arriving chiangmai at 1245pm.

bangkok is never my favourite city. Got ripped off by a tuc tuc from bus stop to the shangri-la hotel. a 2 mins ride costed me 50baht while afterwards knowing a 10mins ride should only cost 20baht. oh well...

these 2 days have been quite delux as parents expect me won't have any good food or good sleep, they treated me with extra care n all covered!! shopping and massage seem to be the must do (or the only do) here in bkk, n so i did. i have my nails nicely painted for my journey. yay! so practical :P

Went to Wat poh (the big sleeping budha in gold) n china town today for some pictures. If you are super horrified by cockroaches, DO NOT go china town. There were enormous amount of buddies there, life or squashed. It is beyond horrible. I got attacked by one. jus be aware. they like to run straight to you or jus chill out on your flipflop...

I did some shopping but better not mention here. but shopping in bkk is no longer as cheap as i thought. I also thought would be easy to find sarong here, but not quite. All in all my trip is a bit out of expectation by far. All is good, jus a little bit behind schedule. :)

1 comment:

Lamb said...

After reading this, I don't think I'll be visiting the chinatown of Bkk in the foreseeable future :P

Lo Yeah