Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A nite on the train


I forgot my ipod in the hotel :_ A great disaster of my journey.

Train left bkk at 2200 last nite. The train station wasn't too far from where i stayed. It was a 15 hour train, arrived chiang mai this afternoon at 1245. I managed to get a sleeping seat. Mine was at the upper deck. the bed size is about 2' x 5.5', was a bit worry i might fall off. There are big window at each lower deck. therefore, my word of advise, take lower deck if you can. much more space vertically than the upper deck. There wasn't air con at the second class, but there are fans. Luckily I got my eye mask to cover the light as the light went on throughout the nite. There are around 22 beds in a car. All full. People mostly booked a week in advance to secure seats. I was lucky enough to grab the last one.

Train was very bouncy. i couldn't really read n barely wrote my diary. Sleep was good afterall as i can sleep anywhere as long as no fleas. The travellers weren't too socialize thou. Most of them are couples or came in pairs. I tried talking to people. looked like i m the only hyper one. :P

In the morning they served breakfast. i thought it was included but i was wrong. haha! 140 baht for squashed sandwiches, orange juice n supposed a cofe but i didn't know where mine gone. I heard there is a food car in one of those cars on the train, but i didn't borther to find. The train is quite bouncy. not for a city girl.

I took some pictures including my bed, but i forgot to bring my cable. so... no picture today until tmr then.

I will take a 830 bus to the border. another 6 hours ride... I will cross the border tmr n become a real laosian!! :D

1 comment:

ENNAH said...

cant wait to hear you set foot safely in laos!

keep us updated!

*this is anna btw