Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 29 - The last night in Lao

Day 29 night - We had the biggest crowd of people having dinner in a traditional Lao restaurant nearby our guesthouse. We had people we met from cycling this afternoon, Kristina and Ari, also some spanish travelers who just checked in our guest house today. A big square table with around 20 people from different countries having food and drinks was indeed good fun. Yet, I was pretty exhausted from a day of cycling and swimming. So, i was quite looking forward to have an early nice sleep after dinner considering i would probably be woken up by the baby girl again tomorrow morning.

Our guesthouse had a shared terrance. I was trying to sleep, unfortunately my friends wanted to hang out at the terrance for a little longer and it was a good thing but to me, was just too loud trying to rest in the room. i was feeling uneasy and grumpy. I was too tired to join the chat yet, i couldn't sleep with all those noises and in this super hot no breeze no fan no air-con room.

I stayed in my bed trying to write, to read, to talk to myself, everything i could to divert my frustration. It was almost 130am... God, why it is so hard to get some nice sleep in this place? local people wake up early wakes travelers up and travelers stay up late keeping the locals sleepless. Sounds just cultural difference but aren't we all here interrupting each other's life but vice versa we enjoy having each other around?

2am, finally the world calmed down and back to this beautiful quiet village of what it should be. now i was awake but my mind finally calmed down. A day of grumpiness was gone, i could feel peace again.

Me and Ben were hanging out at the terrance, lying down in the hammocks swinging slowly and softly, enjoying the quietness of this place. It was a full moon tonight. The moon was just right on top of the big tree opposite to our guesthouse across the river. There were no other sound apart from the river flowing and our whispering. My last day in Lao wasn't started too well, was bit emotional and unbearable sometimes but after all, it was complete, satisfactory and peaceful just like this country gave me for this 30 days.

1 comment:

ENNAH said...

i like this passage.