Saturday, August 2, 2008

A nite in Pak Beng


Day 6 afternoon, we arrived Pak Beng for a nite before continuing our journey to Luang Prabang 8am in the morning. I suddenly found myself live like a farmer here. go to bed at 10pm n wake up at 7am... I thought it would be chill n holiday, but not yet so far.

We had a long walk in Pak Beng. Another small village, mainly a stop by for travellers on the slow boat on the way to Luang Prabang. There were locals trying so hard to sell us guest rooms at the pier, but other than that, the Laos people here are jus as friendly as others we met before. Everyone saying hello to everyone, how warm is that?

There were many kids in this village n they love pictures. They grabed me n kept asking me to take pix for them all the way. Too many kids at a time, i got stepped many times.

After a long walk, we found a resturant nearby our guest hse for dinner, which it had a tiny little puppy so cute to resist not to eat there. The food was amazingly good. We had curry, fried vermecilli (my favourite), sweet n sour port (you will hear this dish from me many times...) and sticky rice (so bloody good!!), all yummy. Laos food is really tasty. Only HK$71 i had a super dooper full belly :P

We stayed at the Villa Salika, not quite a villa really. I shared a room with Selina, one of the british girls. USD3.5 per nite per head. It said it has hot water but i couldn't find that secret hot water button anywhere in the room. (Later i realized those hot water they meant was those in the cattle, which we normally use for boiling tea...huh? so little hot water for shower? ng hai gwai??) Anyway, i had a fucking freezing shower that nite, not pleasant at all.

The electricity went off for the whole town at 11pm. When i was writting my diary, everywhere including my room went complete black. couldn't see shit even with my eyes opened. Fan went off as well. Super hot. backpackers experience.

No comments: