Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 2 - a nite would never forget




Nothing too exciting in Sekong, we decided to move on to another town Attapeu (means "buffalo poo" in Lao). It was already 530pm. driving to Attapeu would take at least 2 hours driving, which means we would be driving in the dark. It sounded very isolated n calm (if you understand what i mean...) I was over the moon excited n looking forward to the dark.

Driving 100km/hr in the sunset. The pink orange sky has blown me away. On the way, we saw local villagers bathing in the river preparing for the end of the day; color of the forest changed from bright light green to dark green. Weather was getting cooler. Everywhere was getting quieter and quieter. Finally everything around us became total darkness n complete quietness. I could only hear the bike and the wind blown on my face. Could only see the only head light from our bike. There were jus me, ben and the bike in this world. Surreal.

I looked up at the sky. I was stunned by what I saw. there was no moon light. No light. Thousands and thousands of stars were above me, surrounded me. The scene didn't change for a very long while. A straight road, could only see 5m ahead of us. driving into the dark hole overwhelmed by the stars both sides. I felt like we were living in a giant snowglobe. Apart from stars, I could see milky way, satellite moving and a shooting star.

This was definitely one of the most beautiful nite I ever had if not the very best one. The sky, the moment, has blown me away. I never ever been feeling so carefree. Nothing bothered me anymore, i was melted in the joy of freedom. I was so happy and greatful for what was in front of me, like in a dream. I asked Ben to stop by the road and jus to enjoy a quiet moment together. Everything was so perfect and so calm.

Thank you Ben. If it was not you having me sitting at the back I would never be able to have such mind blowing night.

No comments: