Monday, August 11, 2008

Plain of jars

Day 16 - Woke up at 830 this morning as early as usual. Had my favorite yogurt n lao coffee at Craters (very nice restaurant) in Phousavan. We went cycling from town to the Plain of jars. There were 3 sites there but we could only managed to go one as the other 2 were not in cycling distance n the road was far too muddy in the rain.

site 1 was 15km from town, took us about 45mins to ride. It was a tough ride. To start, my bike was too tall for me. my feet couldn't touch the ground (not very assuring) n the back wheel break doesn't work (more un-assuring). A lot of uphills and downhills along the way, was pretty exhausting.

The jars looked like BBQ stoves made of stones. No one really knows what the jars were here for. More interesting thou, was the mines hidden under the soil. There were warnings and marks everywhere to alert ppl staying within the white zone.

On the way back to town, my luck didn't go very well. my back wheel was flat. i must have rode over some sharp rocks again... which wasn't difficult because it was a rocky road. So, needed to find some help from the local bike shops for some fixing n continue our ridding in the rain journey.

Back to the guest house, covered in mud. I have reached to a point that i didn't have to worry how dirty i was anymore. It was freezing cold in the rain, my feet was brownish black so as my t shirts, my pants n my hands...

No comments: