Monday, August 4, 2008

wondering around day


Day 10 - my last day in Luang Prabang before heading to Nong Khiaw tomorrow. Started my day with my current favourite mixed fruit + yogurt + honey n ginger tea. the Lao yogurt was freezing cold like ice-cream. wake you up in the morning.

I started my "anita in luang prabang" with the royal palace museum. It was the living house of the former king. don't wear sleeveless top as i had to pay 2000kip for coat...

I then walked to the Wat (temple) Mai Suwannaphumaham next to it. It was under contruction but i think i managed to take some photos. after a while, i noticed all the temples look pretty much the same. so i m trying out different angles or try to grab some monks to take picture, jus to make some different.

More wats seeing before lunch time. Went to Wat Ho Siang and Wat Pha Mahathat, which are pretty nearby too. The monks are quite friendly in general. unfortunately they don't quite speak english so i could only have some short chat with them.

while my wondering around i bumped into a spanish photographer. (hi george, i m taking about you.) I finally know the difference between RAW n jpg. Bumped into some other travellers n some locals as well. Good fun having a walk on your own. always suprises along the way.

Will check out the nite market tonite. u will have your presents from there, frens :)

No comments: